Now that the numbers have all been adjusted and matured. We can have a better look of what happened in January 2014. Over all, it ends on stronger fundamentals than January 2013.
- In January 2014 the median sales price was $209,000 compared to $175,000 in January 2013. An increase of $34,000.
- In January 2014 there were 894 single family foreclosure starts compared to 1,927 in January 2013 for a decrease of 54%.
- The number of distressed properties in January 2014 is 1,944 properties compared to 4,421 in January 2013 for a decrease of 56%.
- January 2014 started the month with 1,849,000 non-farm jobs compared to 1,803,600 in January 2013 an increase of 45,400 jobs.
- The population in January 2014 is approximately 65,000 people greater than in January 2013.
- In January 2014 there were 3,632 potential boomerangs buyers.
But January 2014 overall existing single family sales were down 17% from January 2013. A closer look shows it was sales under $150,000 that were down, but sales over $150,000 were higher in January 2014 than January 2013. This is inline with the increase of median sales price of $34,000 over a year.