It’s really not that hard to find neighborhoods where home prices don’t fall. It’s important to find highly desirable neighborhoods that maintain or increase in value have a few characteristics in common —
- A well-established neighborhood
- Homes priced slightly above the median home price
- Has few, if any foreclosures or short sales
- Has long-term neighbors that have lived in the home since housing crisis
- Neighborhood is convenient to major highways, and/or public transportation for easy commuting
- Amenities such as parks, playgrounds, green belt, gated community, or waterfront, fairway etc.
- Located in good school districts
- Have low crime rate statistics
- Have well maintained houses, yards, streets, curbs, and other signs of neighborhood pride
- Very few houses for sale, ever
- Houses sell quickly and at or near original list price
- Not located near an apartment complex
As we always recommended, buying a home starts off identifying the proximity and neighborhood. Once the desired subdivision(s) being found, look further the active for sale properties for more detail.
We are neighborhood specialist and we are here to help. Just give us a call and you are in good hands.